My Favorite Wrestlers Through The Years

  I have been watching wrestling since I was around 12 years old. I remember the wrestlers like Haystacks Calhoun, Little Abner Osborne and Dominic DeNucci as well as many others. My stepfather was the one who got me
interested in the sport of wrestling. He told me that he used to wrestle in New York City years ago. He would always tell me how hard his stomach was. He would then say go ahead and hit me in the stomach. Of course I never did that, but I still get a chuckle from it.
Haystacks Calhoun



  I remember when they used to pan the audience you would see mostly adults. The audience was very small and very simple looking. It was nothing like the crowds of today’s audience. There are still a few of those old wrestlers around and from time to time they make appearances on the WWE show. The WWE stands for world wrestling entertainment.  I remember back then when it was called the wwf or world wrestling federation. But do to certain circumstances it had to change names for legal reasons.
  I watch the various shows on cable television and try to keep up with all the changes and feuds going on. I have seen alot of wrestlers pass away with great tragedy over the years. It may have been due to drugs, the use of steroids, car accidents, accidents in the ring or just getting old. I do have a friend that was a wrestler and he knows the wrestlers by name. Talking to him is always fascinating to me. The only problem is that I have to match up the name with the face. My daughter worked with someone whose boyfriend was on the WWE show, but I never got to meet him. It was interesting all the same.
  I guess wrestling has always been part of my life. I even remember going to the show when it came to town here in Rochester new york.  Seeing it  live is a whole new experience and I loved it. I loved to see the reaction of the people in the crowd. I could not believe how many people were actually there. All I could think of was this is only a small portion of how thousands of people go to some of the main events. I can remember looking up in the corner of the building and seeing someone watching the show. Little did I know that that was a wrestler named edge and he would become an extremely popular wrestler.
  I will be writing more post about my favourite wrestlers through the years. Some of the big matches. The different types of matches and how things have changed. I hope you will continue to read my posts and enjoy them. Thank you for reading and have fun.

Google+ Followers